[RC5] [ADMIN] Non-Intel Clients Available Today / Stats

Adam L. Beberg beberg at distributed.net
Fri Jan 16 03:15:59 EST 1998

Greetings...

Clients for numerous non-Intel platforms will become available today.

This has been made possible due to the help of Rocke Verser who many
of you will remeber as the coordinator of DESCHALL. He is now working
in full cooperation with distributed.net.

Once we have finished the bitslice cores for our distributed.net clients
you will have to upgrade your clients immediately.

There is as they say, a catch or two.

1. These clients are the DESCHALL clients, so you are going to actually
   have to read the instructions and run them as directed.
2. There will be NO STATS if you run the DESCHALL clients so you're doing
   this to further the cause and crack more keys, not to boost your stats.
   Once the official distributed.net clients are available, your future client
   participation will be tabulated in our regular stats.
3. If you do find "the key" the only way the DESCHALL clients have to trace
   back to you is your IP, no email addresses are associated with the
   DESCHALL clients.

Development of the official distributed.net clients for non-intel platforms
is proceding well, and they will be made available as soon as they are done
and tested.

Stats:

Keyspace assigned : 3.82%
Keyspace completed: 0.67%
Participants:       4394+
The top Emails are: rc5 at jp.freebsd.org
                    rc5 at linux.or.jp
                    dardenmc at jmu.edu
                    aerobics at turnstep.com
                    dlmeyer at uiuc.edu
The top Teams are : Japan FreeBSD Users Group
                    Japan Linux Users Group
                    Team Warped (OS/2)
                    UF CRYPTO
                    LinuxNET RC5