[RC5] NetWare client and roundrobin connections

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Jan 16 10:33:40 EST 1998

     This is to report that some cases of the NetWare client not being
able
     to connect to the roundrobin DNS (rc5proxy.distributed.net) were
     resolved by the following action:

     Ensure that correct information is contained in the
     SYS:\etc\resolv.cfg file.  The following is the correct information
     for any server in my domain (*.okstate.edu (139.78.*.*)):

     domain okstate.edu
     search hosts dns
     nameserver 139.78.100.1
     nameserver 139.78.200.1
     nameserver 142.207.144.4

     (although I must admit that the last entry looks a little strange...)

     It is necessary that this file contain correct information otherwise
     both NETDB.NLM and RC564.NLM will have difficulty resolving
hostnames
     into IP addresses.

     I suspect that a similar comment holds for th UNIX clients, but
users
     on such machines probably notice misconfigured DNS more quickly.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net