[RC5] Splitting buff-in.des?

Anssi Saari as at cs.tut.fi
Fri Jan 16 13:37:40 EST 1998

Since I somewhat stupidly downloaded 1000 DES blocks, which would take my
Pentium 40 days or so to check, I'm wondering if it would be possible to
just "shave off" some blocks from my buff-in.des and give them to some
other computer to check? Otherwise, with bad luck, the contest might be
delayed if the right block is sitting on my hard disk... Returning the
blocks
unchecked would be OK too, of course.

It seems the file format is rather simple and it seems simple enough to
cut out the blocks, but I'm not quite sure it would work.

Anssi

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net