[RC5] 286 clients?

Robert Brooks robertb at geocities.com
Fri Jan 16 15:57:59 EST 1998

At 01:00 AM 1/16/98 -0600, Joe Laffey wrote:
>Is there a 286 client? I've gots some old clunkers that might like to
>crack some blocks...

I recall this being discussed a couple of months ago... IIRC, the 286 is
limited by its 16-bit architecture and is not capable of efficiently
processing keys.  Plus, of course, it's much slower... combine these and
you end up with a "not-worth-the-trouble" scenario.

Myself, I'm still holding out for the TRS-80 Model I client. ;)

Robert Brooks / robertb at geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4535/graph.html (Wallpaper Heaven!)
http://www.flash.net/~totoro/ (Totoro Consulting / totoro at flash.net)

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net