[RC5] What blocks size do the stats use?

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at home.com
Fri Jan 16 16:13:22 EST 1998

I talked with Nugget last night on IRC after he brought the stats back on
line.  Here is the scoop:
    For stats, all blocks submitted, are normalized to 2^28.  Thus if you
use the default setting of 2^30 on your client then the stats will report
more blocks then you actually sent it.  It is most likely calculated by
(NumBlocksReceived * BlockSize)/2^28
Where NumBlocksReceived is the actual number of blocks you submitted,
BlockSize it the size of those blocks (default is 2^30).

That way stats take in to account the different block sizes.

The Stats block size is 2^28

Personally, I would like to thank /\/ugget for a job well done.
WTG /\/ugget!

Jeff Hinrichs (jlh)