[RC5] NetWare client and roundrobin connections

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Fri Jan 16 15:18:26 EST 1998

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:
>      domain okstate.edu
>      search hosts dns
>      nameserver 139.78.100.1
>      nameserver 139.78.200.1
>      nameserver 142.207.144.4

This should work anywhere on the net:
domain <your domain>
search hosts dns
nameserver 192.36.148.17
nameserver 198.41.0.4

Note: 198.41.0.4 is probably the most loaded machine on the entire
internet:
it is the DNS server for the root domain, com, edu, net, gov, and probably
many others.  Don't use it unless absolutly neccessary.

>      (although I must admit that the last entry looks a little strange...)
It's probably in case all your campus nameservers are down: it is
trapper.unbc.ca.

>      I suspect that a similar comment holds for th UNIX clients, but
> users
>      on such machines probably notice misconfigured DNS more quickly.
It does, and we do.  (Even more so if you run your own nameserver!)

>             -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at Okway.okstate.edu

	-=- James Mastros
--
  Agent K: A person is smart; people are dumb, panicky animals and you
know

	-=- Men In Black (1997, Paramount)

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net