[RC5] DES-II

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Jan 16 14:43:15 EST 1998

     Let's fix that math error:
     0.5702% / 55 hours * 24 hours/day = 0.249%/day.  If this rate
doesn't
     change, we'll be at:
     22.5 days --  5.60%
     45   days -- 11.2 %
     67.5 days -- 16.8 %.

     To hit the first deadline, we need to up our average keyrate 17.9
     times.  To hit the second deadline, 8.92 times.  To hit the third,
     5.95 times.  (... assuming that the entire keyspace must be
exhausted
     to complete the task.  "On average" only half of this speedup is
     necessary.)