[RC5] how to run win95 hidden client BEFORE net login?

Toomas Aas toomas at raad.tartu.ee
Sat Jan 17 00:53:33 EST 1998

> From:          Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier at mchp.siemens.de>

> finally I got the DESII WIN95 hidden client running. However, I would
> like to start it automatically BEFORE a user logs into the machine
> via the M$ net login prompt.

You can do that. Just add the startup command manually into your
registry, under the key
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
Just add a new string value there, named e.g. RC5DES (or
DonaldTheDuck, whatever you prefer) and modify it's contents to be
the valid client startup command, with all necessary switches.
AFAIK, the GUI did nothing different.

But of course, don't forget to back up your registry first.

Toomas.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net