[RC5] Key rate reported by DES2 client is WRONG ?

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Sat Jan 17 00:42:11 EST 1998

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, [ISO-2022-JP] 門側踉傘僞苳視 wrote:
>   The clients report key rate calculated by number of keys: 2^31 =
> 2147483648,
> but number of keys per block I specified is 2^30 = 1073741824.
>   So, that rate is faster than the real rate, about 2 times.

Yes and no.  The blocksize that you request is the blocksize that is
fetched
off of the server.  But the client acatually computes both the keys in
that
block and their complements, so you compute twice the number of keys you
fetched -- 2^31.  So the rate and number of keys in the logfile is
correct,
but the option in the ini is missleading.

	-=- James Mastros

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net