[RC5] Possible Bug: RC5DES v2.7002.383 CLI client

Matt Van Drie vandrie at iserv.net
Sun Jan 18 22:56:39 EST 1998

>Everyone
>Over the weekend my Pentium 133 "completed" in excess of 8,100 DES
>blocks. It doesn't take a maths genius to figure that something is
>wrong with this number.

These blocks could have been smaller than your average 2^30. I'm not
exactly sure what size blocks the clients use when they have to generate
a random block...but say it is 2^22.

  8100
---------   =   about 32 2^30 blocks
   2^8

Unless my logic is messed up (entirely possible!!!)

Still waiting for a MacOS client that can buffer!!
Matt Van Drie

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net