[RC5] Re: Splitting buff-in.des?

Anssi Saari as at cs.tut.fi
Mon Jan 19 00:39:00 EST 1998

In article <199801162226.RAA12749 at chipsworld.llamas.net>,
Dave Avery <cwax at pacbell.net> wrote:

:>How about just finding someone with fast computers and sending
:>them the whole buff-in.des file and then you can get a new one.
:>
:>simple and elegant

Complicated and crude, in my opinion. But, if there will be a fast
UltraSparc client at some point, I can probably use some Ultras at
work. It seems from the speeds someone posted that four 300MHz Ultras
should be able to do 500 2^30 blocks in less than 9 hours. (The
DesChall clients aren't a solution).

I think I also saw a post from someone of Bovine which said people
should not worry about these things.

Anssi Saari - as at cs.tut.fi

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net