[RC5] v3, etc.

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Sun Jan 18 22:47:22 EST 1998

Yep, unfortunately D.Net didn't have access to a C core in time to get
things out.  They now have a C core or will have soon so we should at
least have clients out for all platforms very soon.  I'm not sure what
the bitslice status is but it appears that we may be able to get some
help from the original bitslice guru from DESCHALL who wrote the
bitslice and the twoheaded sparc clients.  This will be cool.  I heard
a rumor that Meggs has bailed (again), so I don't know if bitslice Mac
clients are coming soon or not.  :-/

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:48:32 -0500, Joe Sunday wrote:

>If you write one core in C, you don't need to make a machine independent
>byte
>code, just compile the one file with a compiler on every platform. Should
>be
>possible to have cores for everyone out within a day or so, at least
>functional
>ones. They'll be slower than hand tuned assebly, but you'll have them out
>right
>away.

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!