[RC5] Possible Bug: RC5DES v2.7002.383 CLI client

MiltonForté II mwf at ibm.net
Mon Jan 19 00:08:22 EST 1998

In <199801190408.XAA17482 at chipsworld.llamas.net>, on 01/18/98
   at 10:56 PM, Matt Van Drie <vandrie at iserv.net> said:

>>Everyone
>>Over the weekend my Pentium 133 "completed" in excess of 8,100 DES
>>blocks. It doesn't take a maths genius to figure that something is
>>wrong with this number.

>These blocks could have been smaller than your average 2^30. I'm not
>exactly sure what size blocks the clients use when they have to generate  a
>random block...but say it is 2^22.

2^28 is the smallest allowed.

--
Milton                                        mwf at ibm dot net

               OS/2 Warp V4 - Where I Want To Be Today!
                http://www.adgrafix.com/info/mforteii/
Written: Monday, January 19, 1998 - 12:08 AM
The Operating System/2 Version is 4.00
Revision 9.028
There are 27 Processes with 132 Threads.
This machine's uptime is 0d 9h 24m 55s 187ms.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net