[RC5] Possible proxy/linux client bug.

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Sun Jan 18 22:43:50 EST 1998

Correct, though this should be changing soon.  TimC has put together a
C core I believe and they also might have DESCHALL source from Rocke
Verser (not sure about that).  If so the DESCHALL source had PPro and
P5 opts and I'm sure Remi will tear into this thing and get us some
screamin' opts for other processors soon enough.

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 20:30:24 -0600, Sanford Olson wrote:

>[snip]
>>For the 486 core i get the block 00013711:C0000000 being processed
>>twice, both times as a 2^30 block. (see logs below)
>[snip]
>
>Just a note...
>
>Even though the RC5DES client allows you to choose your CPU type, it
>doesn't do anything for DES.  There is only one DES core (it is a
>Pentium-optimized core).  The different CPU-type settings only make a
>difference when cracking RC5 blocks.

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html