[RC5] New Client Speeds

Matt Perry matt at primefactor.com
Mon Jan 19 09:39:23 EST 1998

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Gandalf Greyhame wrote:

> I'm running both WinNT CLI and FreeBSD CLI clients (RC5DES) and both seem
> be going slower than the RC5 ones. Anybody else notice this?
>
> (They both take about an hour to process a single block! are the blocks
> bigger? BTW, I'm on a 233Mhz P2, 64 MB RAM)

	yes the blocks are much larger and therefore take a little bit
longer than RC5 blocks.

> P.S. I need some help with PGP Stuff... any ideas where there's a [online]
> book for it? Thanx

	O'Rielly make a book on PGP, but it doesn't cover the lastest
versions.  You might want to try the Internation PGP home page at
http://www.pgpi.com as you will surely find documentation and links to
more info.  I hope that gets you started!

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net