[RC5] Microsoft Proxy

TODD HUMPHRIES TOOHEYS TODD.HUMPHRIES at lion-nathan.com.au
Mon Jan 19 18:49:11 EST 1998

We have a MS Proxy server here and I managed to get RC5/DES running
through it.

Specify network settings as follows (CLI client):

9)  Network Communication mode ==> 4
10) Preferred KeyServer Proxy ==> alde.com
(actually, any individual keyserver should work here, but alde.com works
fine for me, us.v27.distributed.net will NOT work)
12) Local HTTP/SOCKS proxy address ==> <IP address of YOUR MSProxy
server>
13) HTTP/SOCKS4 proxy port ==> <probably 80, look in IE settings if not
sure (View, Options, Connection)>

Then enter your NT domain login and password under option 15. MS Proxy
server uses NT domain security for all its logging and access
restrictions.

BTW, I haven't managed to get Netscape 4 to talk the proxy at all. Well,
it says it's talking to the host through the proxy, but nothing ever
comes back at me, but IE3 and IE4 work fine... typical Microsoft
product.

Hope this has helped!

Todd.