[RC5] What blocks size do the stats use?

Sebastian Vuorinen ssvuori at ibm.net
Mon Jan 19 15:38:02 EST 1998

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:14:57 -0500, Mike Faunce wrote:

>And on a similar note, what happens if I edit my .ini file and change my
>block size?  Are keys lost or reported wrong? does the client produce an
>error?   I haven't tried it --- yet :)

I tried this out by altering the .ini file for 2^28 sized blocks after
the buffer
was full of 2^30 sized blocks. After the change the client slowed down
about 10 kk/s. It seems that the client (that is - at least the OS/2 one)
can handle block sizes different from the size specified in the .ini
file,
but does so at a cost.

Otherwise the client seemed to be working fine.

Sebastian

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net