[RC5] [IDEA] client questions and one-liners

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Mon Jan 19 11:48:48 EST 1998

With all the questions about client availability, perhaps a read-me or
directory-info file would be in order, with single line descriptions of
each of the clients.

For example, we're frequently getting questions about the linux mt and
non-mt clients, because people don't realize that one is multi-threaded,
and the other is not, or they don't know the reason for using one over
the other (for the linux mt/non-mt issue, mt allows fetching and flushing
while key-checking continues, but I don't know why you WOULDN'T use it...)

Just an idea, ignore it as you wish.

Also, the descriptions on the website aren't being seen by everybody,
since not everybody uses a web browser to do FTP downloads.

Seth
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net