[RC5] Win32 GUI Client Request

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jan 19 12:06:31 EST 1998

        And the non-Admins, who are doing this "the yard way", by
     recruiting and drumming up support, cannot just go around installing
     clients on people's machines.
        Also, it is a good thing to actually get *people* involved in
     distributed.net.  Technical engineering at d.net has generally been
     okay, but people engineering has been quite bad.  This is mostly
     because the category of participants has been dominated by
technically
     inclined people.  If d.net intends to do more than ~20G(RC5)k/s,
then
     it will be necessary to actually talk *people* into being interested
     in us.

        So, in a ceratain sense, it is better to see requests for the GUI
     clients.  It means that there are users out there, using the client
     who know what we are and (roughly) what we're doing and are
interested
     in it, even if in a somewhat passive way.
        It's one thing to get a lab or a department.  Imagine getting 10%
     of AOL users.