[RC5] What blocks size do the stats use?

MiltonForté II mwf at ibm.net
Mon Jan 19 15:04:03 EST 1998

In <199801191611.LAA01810 at chipsworld.llamas.net>, on 01/19/98
   at 08:38 AM, "Sebastian Vuorinen" <ssvuori at ibm.net> said:

>On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:14:57 -0500, Mike Faunce wrote:

>>And on a similar note, what happens if I edit my .ini file and change my
>>block size?  Are keys lost or reported wrong? does the client produce an
>>error?   I haven't tried it --- yet :)

>I tried this out by altering the .ini file for 2^28 sized blocks after  the
>buffer
>was full of 2^30 sized blocks. After the change the client slowed down
>about 10 kk/s. It seems that the client (that is - at least the OS/2 one)
>can handle block sizes different from the size specified in the .ini  file,
>but does so at a cost.

I didn't see a change in speed when I changed the block size.

--
Milton                                        mwf at ibm dot net

               OS/2 Warp V4 - Where I Want To Be Today!
                http://www.adgrafix.com/info/mforteii/
Written: Monday, January 19, 1998 - 03:04 PM
The Operating System/2 Version is 4.00
Revision 9.028
There are 24 Processes with 111 Threads.
This machine's uptime is 0d 1h 28m 6s 437ms.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net