[RC5] [IDEA] client questions and one-liners

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Mon Jan 19 21:06:17 EST 1998

Matt Perry (matt at primefactor.com), on 1/19/98 6:58 PM, wrote the
following:

>Seth, I think a FAQ is in order.  And put it in with the clients archives.
>I know some people don't like to read README files but maybe they would be
>more inclined to read a FAQ.
>
>If everyone thinks this is a good idea, let me know.  I'll start compiling
>one and see if the powers that be at d.net will put it in with the
>clients.
>
>If you like, you can just email me a question with the answer attached.

There is already a d.net faq, though it doesn't answer every frequently
asked question on this list (there's not enough hard drive space,
anywhere...).

Let's see if I can remember it, off the top of my head:

<http://www.distributed.net/des/faq/>

You probably already knew about that.

If you're going to put together a FAQ for the client questions asked on
this list, I'm going to vote you in as the TIME man of the year.

There's no way that EVERYONE will think this is a good idea... ever been
in a committee before? ;)

Cool!

Seth

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net