[RC5] RSA roundup: hot tech, hot talk (From the SunWorld editor) (fwd)

Chris Chiapusio chipper at llamas.net
Tue Jan 20 06:04:20 EST 1998

------
                    Please encrypt anything important.
PGP Key: http://pgp.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6CFA486D

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 98 02:03:12 EST
From: SunWorld Editor-in-Chief <SunWorld at FDDS.com>
To: chipper at bridge.net
Subject: RSA roundup: hot tech, hot talk (From the SunWorld editor)

	      SunWorld: The Unix Professional's Power Tool
		      http://www.sunworld.com

Dear SunWorld Subscriber:

The RSA Data Security conference in San Francisco last week was
jumping. And we've got three new stories that will catch you up on
what happened there.

First, encryption vendors may be moving towards elliptic curve
cryptography -- but not without caution. Learn what vendors like Sun
are saying about this emerging technology:

http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-01-1998/swol-01-elliptic.html

Speakers at the RSA conference were critical of the U.S.
government's strict encryption export policy. What are the main
points of contention?

http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-01-1998/swol-01-rsa.html

Finally, digital certificate technology, encryption toolkits, and
firewall software were among the numerous types of products unveiled
at the show. We provide a comprehensive list of the most important
ones:

http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-01-1998/swol-01-rsaprods.html

We've been getting a tremendous amount of comments about our feature
this month on Linux -- is there a place for this inexpensive Unix in
your shop? In case you haven't read this story yet, be sure to check
it out at

http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-01-1998/swol-01-linux.html

Also, don't overlook these columns either:

Bill's Bookshelf: Esther Dyson's unique take on cyber issues well
	worth the read
http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-01-1998/swol-01-bookshelf.html

Webmaster: What's going to happen with key Web technologies in
	1998?
http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-01-1998/swol-01-webmaster.html

Security: Pete's Wicked World -- a report on the recent LISA,
	Network Security, and SNAC conferences
http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-01-1998/swol-01-security.html

Performance Q&A: Answers to your most frequently asked questions
	about SE Toolkit
http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/swol-01-1998/swol-01-perf.html

Best,
Carolyn Wong