[RC5] Linux 388 client slower on P-II's

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Thu Jan 22 04:26:41 EST 1998

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's just my machine or not, but it appears that build
388's DES core is slightly slower on my Pentium II than build 383 was.
I'm using the Linux multithreaded client under Linux 2.0.30 (RedHat 4.2).

I get around 1.34Mkey/sec with build 383, vs. 1.28Mkey/sec with build 388.

Is it just me?  From what was reported here before, build 388 was supposed
to be faster on PPro's, so one would expect Pentium-II's (which are just
slightly different from PPro's) would also be faster.

Thoughts?

--Joe

--
 +----------- Joseph Zbiciak ----------+