[RC5] Windoze95 problems

Phil Gregory pgreg430 at neors.cat.cc.md.us
Thu Jan 22 11:12:20 EST 1998

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, David Karl wrote:

> Only one I'm having trouble with is the old 386 in the corner, client
> for Win32 CLI and DOS both die with an invalid opcode, even when
> explicitly using the i386/486 cores.  Haven't tried new version 2.7006,
> about to now.  If that doesn't work though, any ideas save waiting for a
> new client?  I know it's not an especially critical bug, but I think the
> poor guy's getting lonely :)

I had the same problem with the early Linux clients.  I am currently
running version 2.7006.388 (Linux), and it works fine.  I presume that if
the core was fixed in that client, it would also have been fixed in the
other x86 platform clients.

---
/* You are not expected to understand this */
                       -- Unix source code
---
Phil Gregory
DNRC