[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #109

Cedric Tefft cedric at earthling.net
Thu Jan 22 00:04:13 EST 1998

Remi Guyomarch wrote:
> > Actually, what killed it for me was that after I installed win32s on
> > this PS/2 (a worthwhile endeavor in its own right), the client still
> > wanted a WINSOCK.DLL.  At that point I gave up and ran the DOS
> client
> > (which is distributed with a 32-bit DOS extender and makes no
> attempt
> > to perform network operations).
>
> If I recall correctly, you may be able to find a fake winsock.dll
> somewhere in the netscape ftp site. I haven't tested it, so I can't
> say
> if it works with the client or not.

By what I'm sure is sheer coincidence  ;-> d.net keeps a copy of it on
their FTP server:
ftp://ftp.distributed.net/pub/rc5-64/unsupported/mozock.dll

You might also want to download mozock.txt from the same directory.

- Cedric

*      Cedric Tefft: Proto-Human, Reluctant Programmer     *
*            email: cedric at earthling.net                   *
* PGP FingerPrint: E114-CA05-E498-8A88-0762-79BB-A117-C59B *

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net