[RC5] win 3.x flush problem

WINKELMANS Gunther Gunther.WINKELMANS at is.belgacom.be
Thu Jan 22 15:51:09 EST 1998

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following practical win
3.x programming problem:

every month I have to flush 40 buffer-out files manually in Windows 3.11.
To do this I have to start the flush 40 times:
from
rc564.exe -flush -out buff-out.001
rc564.exe -flush -out buff-out.040

If I wait too long after a flush has finished, my connection is lost and
have to reconnect.

Therefor, I was wondering if someone knew some kind of win3x-batch
program(ming language) that would allow me to do the 40 flushes with only
_one_ command, e.g.:
flush_all.bat buff-out.*
This command should take all existing buff-out.* files in that directory
and flush them one by one until all buffers have a size of 8 bytes.

BTW, it would be handy if the same utility could be used to fetch 40
buff-in-files (buff-in.001 to buff-in.040) with one command...

As long as the win95 proxyper does not work behind our office firewall (I
tried build 276 this morning), I have to "milk" my 40 cows manually  ;)
This is a very time consuming process, so all help is appreciated.
Please reply to the list only. I'm subscribed to rc5-digest to prevent my
mailbox from overloading!

Best Regards,
Gunther
gunther.winkelmans at is.belgacom.be