[RC5] C DES core

Lorenzo Gonzalez lgonzalez at nazdar.com
Thu Jan 22 17:54:01 EST 1998

I'd say reaching 90% of full, hand-optimized speed would be very
optimistic,
at least in this case. Other algorithms might optimize better with the C
compiler, but the BeOS DES client (C core) checks about 500kk/s on my
604e/200, it ought to do at least 800kk/s on this hardware.  Can't wait
for
the full Mac client!  Can't run BeOS on my 603e's, and don't much care for
the Deschall client, though I'll use it, if I start feeling desperate.

Lorenzo - Distributed Jugglers