[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #113

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Wed Jan 21 23:57:35 EST 1998

> This would give a client running at at least 90% of the speed of a
> manually optimized client.

 Not always - I've seen a LOT of compiler generated code that didn't
manage 10% of "manually coded assembler".

 Still the slow clients WOULD have been better than nothing, for those
willing to use them, 'till the faster clients showed up.

 I, for example, am STILL waiting for K5 optimised clients - but the
Pentium DES ones are plugging away 'till then.

--

 "It takes as much courage to try and fail, as it does to try and
succeed." - Anne Lindburg