[RC5] SGI client???

Fabio Coatti cova at felix.unife.it
Fri Jan 23 08:26:45 EST 1998

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Greg J. Siekas wrote:

> Is anyone working on a new RC5-DES SGI client?  The deschall client is
> great but it takes up too much CPU time when people are running jobs on
> our Origin servers.

Renice it... Or, if even a nice 20 loads too much the CPU (I have the same
problem on a several sparc ws) when someone is running important jobs, you
can use lwatch, a nice program that stops the client when the load is too
high. Unfortunately I've deleted the source code ad I'm unable to remember
the original site... someone knows it?

Fabio Coatti
2:332/409.414                   Fidonet
cova at felix.unife.it             Internet
http://felix.unife.it/~cova     Home page
Old SysOps never die... they simply forget their password.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net