[RC5] C DES core

C. Jasper Spaans spaans at vvtp.tn.tudelft.nl
Fri Jan 23 12:34:05 EST 1998

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Mary Conner wrote:

> > I don't know why it should be slow. For example: when this client is coded
> > in C, and doesn't use black magic, it might be possible to let it be
> > compiled by the compiler.
> > This would give a client running at at least 90% of the speed of a
> > manually
> > optimized client.
>
> If you have such a beast, please send it to me.  This is not an issue
> of optimizing compilers, as a properly written C brute force core
> would compile quite nicely.  The issue is finding a properly
> written C core that can integrate with our clients.  I have some
> cores written in C in my possession, but they are either dog slow
> or they have so much "black magic" that picking them apart to
> integrate with our clients would require near as much effort as
> writing one from scratch.

I'll take up the challenge - just one point for now: I'm not going to do
any
coding before 1998/01/30 12:00 CET! (exams) - I hope this beast won't need
my efforts.

  __ ___ __  C. Jasper Spaans
 /     //__  Luchtvaart- en Ruimtevaarttechniek, T.U. Delft
/__ __/ __/  Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology
             finger spaans at vvtp.tn.tudelft.nl for my public PGP-key

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net