[RC5] Performance running rc5des388 on Linux

William M. Perkins bill at grnwood.richmond.us.net
Fri Jan 23 17:03:05 EST 1998

My original message on 22 Jan 1998

> The rc5des388-mt version on a 166 MHz Pentium MMX running RedHat
> Linux 5.0 and using the 2.0.33 kernel.  The rc5des381-mt version
> was giving me a rate of 680,000 keys/sec while the new rc5des388-mt
> version only runs at rate 42,000 keys/sec.
>
> I am wondering what gives

After I rebooted my system today after a power failure and
restarted the rc5des388-mt client, I am now getting about
790,000 keys/sec instead of 42,000 keys/sec.  The system had
been running for 13 straight days before the power failure.

I am still wondering what gives.

Bill

William M. Perkins                   E-mail - wperkins at us.net
The Greenwood                        UNIX Systems Administration
Commodore and Escom are dead.  Long live the Amiga!  (AmigaOS/Linux)

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net