[RC5] Blocks

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Fri Jan 23 16:51:14 EST 1998

On 23-Jan-1998, Shawn Cox wrote:
> As far as stats and prize voting go, what is the definition of a block?
> I get the same number of votes for a 2^28 block as I do for a 2^30 block?

As far as the stats are concerned, a "block" is a single 2**28 block.
If you turn in a 2**30 block, you are actually credited for 4 "blocks"
in the stats database.

Hopefully, that is sufficiently confusing to everyone.  :)

I considered updating the stats to "units" instead of "blocks", but I
figured that that would cause just as much confusion...

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net