[RC5] Proxy Status Pages

Jeffrey A. Lawson jlawson at orion.ac.hmc.edu
Sun Jan 25 03:03:18 EST 1998

> I am probably missing something really obvious here, but could someone
> explain the difference between the Overall Server Rate and the Current
> Bovine Rate on the Proxy Network Status pages eg
> http://www.distributed.net/des/proxyinfo.html

Those two figures represent the same value.  The only difference is
that one is a sliding-window average over the last 30 minutes and the
other is the overall average rate for the uptime of the particular
server that it is measured from.  In general, numbers on the proxy
status pages that begin with a "~" are overall uptime averages, and
those without are sliding-window averages.

Jeff
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net