[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #115

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Sun Jan 25 16:28:04 EST 1998

> Quick question -- what's the best way to share buffers with the GUI rc5des
> client?  I noticed -in and -out command-line options but how does that
> specify which of the .des and .rc5 buffers should be where...

 -in and -out specify RC5, -in2 and -out2 specify DES

> What I want to do is have one client run from the buffer files in d:\rc5,
> instead of c:\rc5, where the client is.  This is not as easy as it seems,
> because the machines aren't always connected.

 If they are not always connected, do NOT try to share buffers - unless
you LIKE complete system hangs and lockups.

 It sounds like you should be running a proxy server on your '95 machine
instead, and point the client on the other machine at that proxy server.
 You CAN run a proxy server and a RC5 or DES client on the same machine.
--

 Reply-to has been de-spammed. Real email address' below.

 Brice D. Fleckenstein
 EMail: bricef at indy dot net

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net