[RC5] Re: No subject given

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jan 26 17:40:46 EST 1998

     Yes.  MS-DOS has a 127 character input line length limitation.
Under
     Win3.1, you can probably drop the DOS4GW part.  It'd probably also
     work just as well to either
     1) have the rc5desd launch a batch file which CDs over to the c:\des
     directory then runs rc5desd through a long pathname, or
     2) set up a PIF for this application that sets the working directory
     to c:\des instead of the directory containing rc5desd.

     I won't be testing the new DOS client until I have a Win16 client to
     fetch/flush blocks with, so I can't speak to the immediate efficacy
of
     these remedies.
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu