[RC5] DESChallMac (fat) on my StarMax 3000 can't find any

Edwin ten Dam etd at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Jan 27 10:04:30 EST 1998

Thus spoke the keyboard of Randy Boring (26/01/98):

>I've tried the default configuration file.  I've tried altering the
>keyserver to be us.v27.distributed.net instead of
>deschall.distributed.net, and I've tried rc5.darkstar.net, one of the
>many servers that has worked in the past.  I can communicate on all ports.

I've got it working. Here's what I did:

1. don't change anything in the in DESChallMac.prefs file. Specifically,
*don't* change the keyserver entry. As I understand it, this is a special
address for the deschall clients; the client won't work with the old or
new
distributed.net rc5/DESII keyservers or with personal proxies.
2. The prefs file also warns not to put spaces anywhere, maybe you did
this
inadvertenly. Maybe the easiest thing to do is to download a clean copy of
DESChallMac_fat.sea, install it into its own folder and see if that works.
Good luck!

cheers,

edwin

-
Edwin ten Dam                              etd at st-andrews.ac.uk
Division of Cell & Molecular Biology - University of St Andrews
Irvine Building, North Street,  St Andrews, Fife KY16  9AL U.K.
Phone: +44 1334 463404                   - Fax: +44 1334 463400

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net