[RC5] Win32 GUI and Shrinker errors

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Wed Jan 28 01:02:08 EST 1998

For everyone who has been having "Shrinker" errors in the gui, please
download the test version of the GUI that is available at:

ftp://ftp.bovine.net:2121/pub/rc5des388-win32-x86-gui2.zip

This was processed with a special beta version of the utility that I use.
Apparently the problem with the old gui was caused by particular programs
that need to hook into the Windows Kernel.  Particular examples include
FirstAid 98, and the latest Norton Utilities.  I believe there are still
slight problems with the NT5 betas, though the problem with it is expected
to be resolved soon too.

If the above file does not help you, please download:

ftp://ftp.bovine.net:2121/pub/rc5des388-win32-x86-gui-none.zip

In any case, *please* send me personal email describing your
success/failure with these test versions.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lawson     <jlawson at hmc.edu>    <bovine at distributed.net>
Original Organizer/Programmer of the Bovine RC5 Cracking Effort
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net