[RC5] [DESII]

Justin Cave jocave at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 28 03:27:23 EST 1998

At 02:56 PM 1/27/98 , Daryl Baker wrote
| As this (DESII) is time critical, is there anyway in just running with
| DESII, rather than RC5+DESII.  I am running the NT Server 389 client
| under NT4 sp3 with 2x166mmx procs, and tried to set the RC5 in:out to
| 0:0 and the service failed to start, Dr Watson appeared on the scene.

The DES II code isn't multithread safe, so each DES II process can
have only 1 thread.  If you run 2 clients at the same time, however,
each with numcpu=1 in the INI file, you can have DES II running on
both processors.
Justin Cave                        290 Massachusetts Ave
jocave at mit.edu                     Cambridge, MA 02139
http://mental-pygmie.mit.edu

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net