[RC5] How do we know???

Phil Gregory pgreg430 at neors.cat.cc.md.us
Wed Jan 28 15:20:22 EST 1998

> How will we know when the key is hit? Does the client know or ??? Does the
> person holding the key get an email, fireworks from the local client, a
> log entry?

This is in the FAQ, I believe.  The client notes when the first string of
bytes matches the known string ("The unknown message is:").  It then
sends a message to the keyserver that this might be the key.  The
keyserver checks to see if that key decodes the message rationally, and,
if it does, you get notified my e-mail.

---
If there's nothing wrong with me, there must be something wrong with the
universe.
                       --Beverly Crusher
---
Phil Gregory