[RC5] Re: Best way to share buffers

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Wed Jan 28 15:11:05 EST 1998

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>      Personal NetWare?  Have the network-aware client share (only) the
>      client directory?  (using the MS Client and file-sharing)
>                 -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at Okway.okstate.edu

Um, no.  Here is the setup.

There are two computers: "Reciption" and "Mike's".  There is a parrell
cable
between them.  Both machines run Windows 95 (flat, no OSR, no IE4).  Under
normal conditions, Reciption is running the "Direct Cable Connection" as a
server, Mike's as a client.  Mike's has Reciption's hard drive mounted as
d:.  Unfornatly, windows 95 can't automaticly create this connection on
start-up...  I don't think there is any sort of TCP networking going on
here
-- MS wants you to buy NT for that.  I havn't had a chance to check that.
(I don't work at the office, I just go down their ocasionaly to fix their
computers.)

	-=- James Mastros

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net