[RC5] Win32 CLI 391 not checkpointing when using "-hide"

Ryan Curtis orion at baker.cnw.com
Wed Jan 28 13:32:28 EST 1998

I had a similar experience with the Win95 hidden client.  I entered
"ckpoint.des" for the checkpoint file.  When the computer started up, it
read the ckpoint.des file but never modified the file.  Everytime I
started that computer, it would pick up the same two blocks from the
checkpoint file and work on them.

When I put the entire path of the checkpoint file in the INI, it worked
fine.  If you don't have the entire path called out, it seems to get lost.

------

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net