[RC5] Re: Best way to share buffers

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Jan 28 17:01:18 EST 1998

     From the Win95 ResKit:
     The host computer can act as a gateway to an IPX/SPX or NetBEUI
     network, but not to a TCP/IP network.

     So I see what you're saying...

     But, elsewhere in this tome:
     You can make a persistent connection to any drive (that is, you can
     store its name and automatically reconnect to it at startup) by
     clicking the Reconnect At Logon box in the Map Network Drive dialog
     box.  Persistent connections are restored to the same drive letter
     each time Windows 95 is started.

     This would seem to address the problem you mention.  Furthermore,
     SysAgent (in Plus!) could be used to regularly attempt to remount
the
     Drive (if it just keeps falling off) using a "net use" command.
     Something like:
     net use <drive letter>: \\<Reciptionist's computer's
name>\<directory>

     If you can get both machines running clients, then you could share
     buffers this way...

     At this point, I'm becoming a little vague about what you wanted to
do
     and why it wasn't working...