[RC5] How do we know???

Jo Hermans Jo.Hermans at vub.ac.be
Thu Jan 29 14:38:07 EST 1998

At 02:20 PM 1/28/98 -0600, you wrote:

>     The clients are designed to give little clue when the key is found.
>     This is to prevent an unsavory character finding the key using D.Net
>     clients, chopping off his network connection and reporting the key
>     "independently" for the full prize.
>
>     At the end of RC5-56 it was commented that the pproxies had a slight
>     difference in their logs when the key was found.  I'd check the
>     archives around 25 October 1997 to be sure.

Yep, I first noted it when my stats-application crashed :) Although I
didn't find the real reason until David called me 2 days later (in the
middle of the night :)

---
Jo Hermans, System Manager WFS, VUB University, Brussels
Jo.Hermans at vub.ac.be                http://dinf.vub.ac.be/~jo/

Co-listmom (sic) of Blues-L         news:bit.listserv.blues-l
Maintains the Antwerp Blues Scene   http://www.innet.be/~jhermans/blues/
Dinf won RC5-56 !
http://dinf.vub.ac.be/bovine/victory.html

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net