[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #116

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Tue Jan 27 20:20:16 EST 1998

> I end up with a ckpoint file name of ckpo. It
> looks like the command line parameter string is truncated or has exceeded
> some length? Environment space problems?
> My OS is Win3.1 running the dos des client as a dos window.
>
> "dos4gw.exe rc5desd.exe -runoffline -l c:\des\logdes.log -in2
> c:\des\buff-in.des -out2 c:\des\buff-out.des -ckpoint2 c:\des\ckpoint.des"

 The DOS command line is VERY limited - you should set up your
checkpoint file (and everything else you can!) in your .ini file for
this very reason.

 The ONLY thing I put on the command line for my DOS clients is
"-runoffline -in2 h:\rc5\buff-in.des -out2 h:\rc5\buff-out".

 BTW - running them under Windows for Workgroups 3.11 in a DOS window
(or via their own .PIF) and letting it's LAN file sharing handle drive
redirection works well. I originally had them pointed at my #1 machine
(WFWg 3.11 with modem and Trumpet and TCP-32), later redirected them to
a Win 95 machine I had set up as a temporary Proxy Server (running the
Win32 CLI then later the Win32 GUI clients), and now they are happily
feeding to and from my LINUX 2.0.0 with SAMBA box (running a personal
proxy for later expansion, and the non-MT LINUX client).

--

 My opinions are my own, and no others. Please email me copies of any