[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #117

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Thu Jan 29 19:52:02 EST 1998

> >  Win95 has TCP capabilities built in,
> Enough to route TCP trafic?  Are you shure?

Win95 does not route tcp.

Having said that, it's blatantly clear the MS disabled this
intentionally.  About a year ago, someone provided an outdated copy
of vip.386 to me that actually permitted tcp routing (after a couple
of registry changes).  It caused BSOD problems every few days, but it
did work.  Sadly, any box routing tcp can't afford to be crashing
unexpectedly, so this isn't a workable permanent solution, just an
interesting observation on MS's strategy.

-- Tim

Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com
tcharron at ctfinance.com