[RC5] Detecting rc5desh

Jacob Papenfuss webmaster at the-corridor.com
Thu Jan 29 19:06:52 EST 1998

My system has 2 partitions on the HD (it's a 2.5 gigabyte drive), so I
just
keep the files for RC5 on the smaller partiton that nobody runs any
programs
off of or runs Scandisk on. If it's possible for that to happen that's
what I
suggest.

The only way I can think of to safely avoid Scandisk messing up the
ability
to read/write files to disk is terminating RC5DESH before you run
Scandisk,
if you run it manually.

If you know when Scandisk will be run and you have Plus! installed you
could
use the scheduling features to have Win95 terminate the client then run
Scandisk, then after x length of time(such as 30 minutes or something, so
you're sure Scandisk is done grinding your hard drive to a pulp) have it
restart RC5DESH.EXE..

Jacob Papenfuss
webmaster at the-corridor.com
4006th place in Project Monarch,