[RC5] New RC5DES clients for Linux

JT Traub jtraub at dragoncat.net
Thu Jan 29 19:50:59 EST 1998

For some reason the 391 build for linux-x86 seems to be running about
100Kkeys
slower than the 388 build.  With build 388 I got around 450kkeys.. with
391 I'm getting about 360kkeys.  I don't really care that much about
stats and
such, but I'm mildly surprised at it.

Also, I would be willing to offer a machine (and my time as well) to
recompile
the Linux clients (x86) with Glibc.  This might actually add a little
speed
to the clients, but I'm not sure how much.  One of the few programs still
on
my machine that needs libc5 is the RC5DES client.

--JT

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net