[RC5] Re: [RC5-Mac] Re: Mac client suggestion

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Fri Jan 30 13:44:35 EST 1998

I had a control stip that would let me launch apps
_but _ controlstrip STEAL processor time

Had a RAM DISK of 8.1.
But re-formated my HD (1.3G, 48 M ram) with extended format  :-)
Installed OS 8.0 !PERFECTLY!  (required); followed up with OS 8.1
OOOOHHH! don't forget Proper Drivers for each SCSI device
SUCCESSFULLY RUNNING 8.1 for 1 WEEK with Only ONE CRASH!
Netscape 4.041,fetch,word,excel,ICQ,RC5,DESb3,Eudora313,Realaudio,VXtreme

Stable!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELL just  Pump up your timeslice in preferences to say 20000 (20secs)
[May not respond quickly] but RC5 post 578,000k/s on my PB3400/180

DES reports 440,000+ k/s Yahooo!
Stephen Menard

Stephen Menard	Computer System Manager	Quebecor Printing
250 Industrial Drive	Saint John, NB 	smenard at nbnet.nb.ca

opinions are those of the author. Play safe!
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6864734 or if you already have ICQ#6864734

----

For a complete list of mailing list commands send a message to
listserv at signalinc.com with 'HELP' in the message body.  To unsubscribe
send a
message with 'unsubscribe rc5mac' in the message body.

Go Macintosh!!!

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net