[RC5] SCO ?

Wayne Collins wayncoll at enoreo.on.ca
Fri Jan 30 13:00:33 EST 1998

On Thursday, January 29, 1998 11:21 AM, Igor Bilyi
[SMTP:igor at monetplus.cz]
wrote:
> 2.7* SCO client ?

(snip)

The des core is currently available as assembler source in a non-gnu
format, and in object form that the SCO linker is unhappy with (even with
the various converters available). The gnu linker solves this problem for
the other x86 platforms, but is not available for SCO. A few of the
options
we have at this point are:

1) Find/build the gnu linker for SCO. If you have one, let me know...this
is non-trivial. SCO now ships its linker free with the OS to permit the
use
of third-party development systems (like gnu).
2) Build the generic des core. This would be slow, but is a possibility.
I'd rather focus on building a full speed des core but if I receive a
number of requests (by email ;-) I will build and post the slow version.
3) Translate the x86 des core to gnu-happy format (AT&T format). There
are
three of us trying different methods to perform this translation...it
will
happen but I'm not sure if it will happen before the key is found.

ttys
wayne
--
Wayne Collins