[RC5] Tardiness rate

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Sat Jan 31 17:35:03 EST 1998

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>      Seeing all the comments on the list about the variety of ways to
> lose
>      blocks, I'm curious...
>
>      What percentage of strip 64xxxxxxxxxxxxxx was tardy after the first
>      pass through?  What percentage of the assigned portion of RC5-56 was
>      tardy when the key was found?  What percentage of DES-II is
> currently
>      tardy?

I asked this on IRC once. When rc5-56 was finished (47% completed and
returned) they had about 53% handed out.
This still doesn't say anything about tardyness because a lot of
people have buff-in's. If we all had returned our buff-in's after
completing rc5-56, then we would now. Now the only figure is that
about 6% was handed out.

Ivo

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net